COVID-19 Updates from Partyrama
In light of the challenges we face with the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we would like to inform you of the measures that both Partyrama and our delivery partners are taking to help keep our employees and customers safe.
Our website and warehouse is open for business as usual. To remain vigilant we have introduced the following steps in addition to our current health and safety / hygiene measures:
- We are following all Government guidelines on hygiene and hand washing, with regular hand sanitising compulsory
- Daily temperature screening for all employees
- Half hourly cleaning of all high traffic areas within our buildings (packing stations, doors, etc)
- Customers collecting their orders from our Milton Keynes warehouse in Wymbush will no longer be able to come into the building entrance. A member of staff will assist you with taking your order to your vehicle
OUR SHOPS ARE CLOSED
Our stores are closed until further notice to minimise the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We have a responsibility to protect our staff and the general public and social distancing is impossible in a retail environment.
If you want inflated balloons we may be able to deliver to your door using a contactless delivery service (within MK and surrounding areas), please call us on 01908261280 or email [email protected].
Our couriers have also advised us that they are taking steps and measures in line with Government guidelines to address the risk of Coronavirus with respect to their handling of deliveries.
Advice from the World Health Organization (WHO), it is safe to handle a package from China or any other place where the virus has been reported. The likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and the temperature is also low.
DPD have recently given this statement:
With immediate effect, we will no longer ask customers to sign our handheld units and instead our drivers will sign it on their behalf. We will record the consignee’s name and a ‘Delivered on Authority’ message in the signature section of the unit.
With this new process you will still get your full track and trace functionality, giving you complete visibility of all your parcels.
This now forms our proof of delivery process for all deliveries until further notice.
Please also find some links to further information from government sources below:
- NHS COVID-19 Information – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- UK Government COVID-19 Response Information – https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response.
If you have any specific questions regarding our response to Coronavirus, please call us on 01908 261 280 or email [email protected].